Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year, New Post?

New year, new post? I mean, I guess I should post SOMETHING about this past year so you all don't think I've forgotten how to type. Or maybe you're all yelling at my inside your heads begging me to stop because my lack of writing has been so pleasant. Well, SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP because I've decided it's time you all heard from me again. 

Last year was definitely a year to remember. It was probably one of the ones I've enjoyed the most (if not THE one I enjoyed the most). I made friends for life, hung out with the most adorable 5 year olds every week, laughed, ate some chocolate, cried, worked with old people I grew to love, spent time with family, laughed some more, fell in love, learned an immense amount, spent time with Tyler (in case you didn't put it together, this is who I fell in love with), forgot a bunch, saw some beautiful sights, fell asleep during just about every movie I sat down to watch, ate chocolate, washed laundry, ran a freaking half marathon, bought a few books (okay, a whole lot of books), ate some more chocolate because I'm addicted, kissed, hiked, hugged, brushed my teeth a whole lot, laughed even more, finished a whole lot of homework, just lived, and more!

Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of trials last year. I've seen more people pass away that I've grown to love than I ever imagined I would in my life. I struggled with finding my place in my new job. I battled with my mind my times about my view of myself and I still haven't won that fight. I've gone though many changes, and even though several of them were good and ones I chose, I still struggle with change. I fought with finding foods to eat that didn't make me sick (still working on that one too). I've had to try very, very hard to love people who I didn't really want to love (by this I mean some people who I helped at work because they were just downright rude to me). I had to learn how to be more patient, because older people do everything slow and I am not the most patient person in the world. Obviously those aren't the only trials I've had, there are others I don't wish to share. 

But no matter the trial or triumph, God is ALWAYS with us. Even when we don't think so, even when we can or can't see it, even when we hate Him, even when we are in the middle of the hardest thing of our life, HE IS THERE. The greatest lesson I've learned this past year was this: God loves me and will NEVER leave me. And I am beyond grateful that He is patient enough to love me through everything. And I am beyond grateful for all of you who continue to love me though everything too. 

I'm sorry if you read through that entire thing; I'm sure you have things you'd rather do, but I sure am grateful to you for reading it! I sincerely hope each person in the world has at least a few moments that make this new year a good one. And I hope that you all know that God loves you, and He will be with you through everything you go through this year. Don't forget about me this year, even if we don't talk. If you are reading my blog then I guarantee that I don't not like you! Also, if you think I dislike you then give me chocolate and we will become the best of buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment