Sunday, July 5, 2015

Music People Are My Favorite People

Life has been a whirlwind of crazy lately. And as it turns out, people can be really nice and just lovely. So, it's story time. 

*Warning: This contains musical lingo and I will not be explaining it because I have done too much of that lately, so just google anything you don't understand.

A week and a half ago, as I was practicing for my Europe trip, I noticed a leak in my piccolo. So, after my freakishly long (it was almost 6 hours) orientation for SLCC I took it over to Summerhays. I basically told the guy I had to have it fixed to day because of my trip, and he did it. It was wonderful to have it working properly again. Fast forward to Friday, the third and final day of our practices, also the day of our Bon Voyage concert. 

All practice Friday I could tell something was wrong with my picc. Every few lines or so a note would come out wrong because one of my keys was sticking. And me being me, slightly freaked out Friday. Why? Because Summerhays was closed the next day because it was independence day and the day after that was Sunday and then I left the day after that. Saturday my dad would not let it go, thank goodness, and ended up putting it up on this 24/7 yard sale thing on Facebook to see if anyone had a piccolo we could buy from them. Who would have guessed that someone on that page knew the manager, THE FREAKING MANAGER, of the Summerhays we go to! So they gave my dad his phone number and he called him.

This manager deserves a freaking award or something because he had us go in, on a Sunday which they are closed on, of a holiday weekend so that he could look at my picc. He wasn't able to fix it right then so he gave us a loaner piccolo. And now I'm sitting here taking a break from my practice of getting used to this piccolo to type this. They are going to fix my picc while I'm in Europe and then when I get back we'll basically swap. And he gave us his number and told us to call him if there is anything wrong with this picc and he would make sure that they were able to have a new one or have my old one fixed before tomorrow morning when I go to the airport. I LOVE SUMMERHAYS! 

So, if you are ever renting or buying an instrument-GO TO SUMMERHAYS! 

For some reason, I tend to have instruments break on me just a few days before my performances. Oh, well! They make funny stories later! And you get to find out just how great people can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment