Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Power of Prayer

I went to institute for the first time yesterday, although it is a special class just for graduated seniors it still counts. And WOAH! The spirit was SO strong there! 

One thing that our teacher made us commit to doing was reading one general conference talk every day. He even made us make this pinky promise with the people near us. He made us promise that if we didn't do it we would never get a kiss. And let me tell you, I take pinky promises very seriously. So last night, I (half because I promised I would and half because I was interested in seeing what blessings I would get, because our teacher promised blessings to us) listened to a talk last night. I didn't notice any super awesome blessings right away, but holy cow was it a huge blessing when it came! 

So I'm listening to another talk tonight as I was getting ready for bed and as I was putting aloe vera on, I burn easily so what, the speaker talked about Alice in Wonderland. He referred to the part where Alice asks the Cheshire Cat which way to go and he says it depends on where you want to get to. That was a direct answer to my prayers. For over a year I've been praying about if going up to USU for college will be the right decision to make. I've heard that you shouldn't necessarily ask Heavenly Father what to do, instead you should ask Him if your decision is right. So I tried that. And when I heard this quote I knew it was. I want to, in addition to being a pediatric nurse, be a music therapist. And USU is one of the best, and only, colleges that has that program. I didn't know if that was the right thing I should be doing with my life but when I heard that quote it was like an immediate yes. 

I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I know that deciding to go to institute was the right decision, if only because I got the challenge to read one conference talk a day. I will not ever just read one every day just to fulfill my promise. I will do it because I want to hear what the prophets have to say and because I know that I need to listen and apply what they are saying into my life. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the knowledge that my prayers will ALWAYS be answered. 

Here's the web address of the conference talk, I strongly encourage you to read it! 

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/if-you-will-be-responsible?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment