Monday, August 31, 2015

College, Work, And Pretending To Be An Adult

Europe was amazing, but unfortunately that wonderful thing had to come to a sad end. And then began the rest of my life...pretty much. 

I started college last week. But don't get all excited, I am only in two classes. And since I know you are dying to ask, it's a math class and an institute class. Math stinks, but my teacher is pretty awesome. She has this really awesome Russian accent and explains things well. It's my institute class that I have been excited for for, well, ever since I registered for it. I go to math four times a week for 50 minutes, which only left one day for institute. Lucky for me, there happened to be a class on my only free day. So there you have it, my college update. Now I can just point people to my blog instead of repeating myself ten times a day. ;)

Not only did I start school last week Wednesday, but I also had my first day of my new job. My very first job. Unless you count babysitting, then I've had a lot of work experience. I work at a nursing home, and I really like it. I work full time, Tuesday through Saturday from 2-10pm. It's exhausting. ;) So far I've averaged walking about 5 miles each day at work. And since I know you are dying to know, I'll tell you what I do there. I am a CNA, so I feed people, get them ready for bed, transfer them from their bed to their wheelchair and to the toilet and such, I change their briefs (adult diapers), get them things they need, and more. And for some strange reason I really do like it. 

Being back has made me have to pretend to be an adult. I've done my laundry, gone to my college class, got a job, had lunch with a friend like people do when they don't see them 24/7 at school, and I've filled out a bunch of paperwork for work that I have no idea what it means. Oh, and I cut my hair to donate it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. 

And don't worry, I still make to play my flute, read, exercise and spend time with my fantastic family.

No comments:

Post a Comment