Monday, August 3, 2015

PARIS

Ah Paris, the city of love! Don't worry, I didn't come home with any French boyfriends. ;) Probably my least favorite city, but I am still missing it!

I'm pretty sure you can't go to Paris, without going up the famous Eiffel Tower. The tower was at first meant to be for some huge celebration thing but important history stuff happened and it's still standing today. It was like 660 something steps just to get to the second level and my legs were dying when we got there. The view was gorgeous though and it was totally worth it!

We took selfies everywhere!

View from the first floor of the Eiffel Tower

Basically Megan is my best friend and it's the two of us in all my pictures

I was only slightly disappointed when no boys would come

Did I mention that Megan and I got a selfie with Mona Lisa? That was pretty much the only thing we did in the Louvre, except almost die from heat exhaustion because it was a billion and a half degrees in there! And I would say that the line for the Mona Lisa was crazy, but that's not true. It was absolute chaos and there was absolutely no line, just one huge mass of sticky, hot, tall people.
Super bad quality because it was taken on an old iPod


Cathedrals. I love them. They are gorgeous and I especially love it when the choir got to sing in them! Megan and I got these crepes after we went through the cathedral and were just sitting on a wall people watching after. It was one of the best parts of the trip! Since all 300+ of the UAM people were wearing the same shirt some people recognized us. While we were people watching there was this one guy who was riding his bike down the street and he nodded at  us and waved, and then there was this lady who recognized the shirts and asked us when the choir was singing. Unfortunately we had to tell her we weren't, but it was lovely to know that she wanted to come! And then there were these two old dudes who came to talk to us as we were leaning against a gate. They asked us questions on where we had been and were going and such and then the one started telling us this story about one of the statues of the cathedral. A little after he started his story two adults from our coach came and stood by us reading a sign that was near us. And then another lady from UAM stopped and talked to them. By that time the guy that wasn't telling the story told the other guy they should go before we thought they were weird, to which the other guy responded that he was weird! Once they were gone the three ladies came and talked to us and told them they didn't feel comfortable leaving us alone with those old dudes, and it was so sweet to know that they were looking out for us! I felt like we had a little family within our coach already. (Hopefully you understood that story. If not, just know that I know what it means and that's all that matters ;) )

Notre Dame Cathedral

Who knew that the crepes that are sold in Jordan Commons (sorry for you who don't understand this because you aren't from the best city in Utah) were so un-delicious. All I had were plain sugar crepes, and I thought I was going to die because France knows how to make crepes. Just close your eyes and imagine the most perfect crepe. Now add about ten times that amount of perfection and you have the crepe I ate. And it was from this cute little crepe shop on the corner of a street. This shop was so little that you just ordered outside and there was no place to go in and sit down. And you had to be pressed against the wall because cars decided to go down that tiny little street. 

Apparently there is such a thing as the most popular street in the world. I had no idea, and I still have no idea what it's called. But it was pretty cool! We had to go under the street to cross it.....And as females, Megan and I couldn't pass up a sale! We ended up going into Gap and each buying a shirt. Megan's at least had the word Paris on it, mine didn't. ;)
This is apparently the most famous street in the world that we are looking at.


No comments:

Post a Comment