Thursday, August 6, 2015

SWITZERLAND



Switzerland is basically the perfect country. I'd be lying if I said that every time I look at our beloved Utah mountains I didn't think of the Alps and wish I was still there.

Before I went on this trip I was talking to my band teacher, who also went on it, and he was telling Megan and me this one awesome thing to do in Switzerland that we just had to do. So we did it. And it was AMAZING! We took this ski lift thing up to the top of a mountain and you had this absolutely gorgeous panoramic view. I can't even begin to describe the beauty of it! I'm pretty sure that at least half of all my pictures from this country were taken that morning.
That may or may not be my finger ruining my favorite picture

Who could forget the legendary party on the last night in Switzerland! Definitely a night I will always remember! My favorite part of the night was definitely getting kissed. By FIVE guys. Don't worry, it was only on the cheek. At the party they always have a cheese fondue and the tradition is that if you drop your bread in the cheese then you have to go around on your table and kiss all the people of the opposite gender on the cheek. And these tables are huge! There were 30 something girls on our table and only about 7 guys. Luckily I'm lactose intolerant and so I didn't eat any bread or cheese but I was considering pretending to drop my bread anyway. ;) After we ate, some Swiss people danced for us and played music. And there were these two sisters who were in their upper 80's who played the accordions for us, and then one of them played a bicycle pump, and then later used a whisk and a box to make more music. It was so much fun!

The Matterhorn at Disneyland has nothing on the real thing! It was huge and so pretty! While we were up there Megan and I stopped at this cute little bakery and ordered some soft pretzels to eat when we were at the top of the mountain thing to see the Matterhorn. Those were the absolute best soft pretzels I have ever had! They were amazing! In fact, we liked them so much that we went back and got another one to eat for dinner! I don't think any other one I ever get will be as good.
The people of Switzerland are amazing also! They are so kind and beautiful and lovely. Megan and I were walking back from the little grocery store they had there and there was this guy walking his dog. Naturally we were staring at the cute thing as we walked past and gushing over him from a few feet away when the guy turned to us and asked, in English, if we wanted to pet his dog. It was the sweetest thing! He barely spoke English and didn't understand us at first when we asked him the dog's name and we had to repeat it, but his name was Barney. I loved petting that dog so much, it reminded me of my dogs.

Did I mention that I got to go inside of a castle!? It was soo cool! It was super old so no one lives there anymore but it was still fun!
I just can't get over all the beauty in Switzerland! It was so gorgeous I can't even begin to tell you about it. I can't wait until I can one day go back. I so wish I could live there, but unfortunately for me you can't live there unless you have Swiss blood. :'( It's gorgeous, stunning, astonishing, and every other word possible to describe it and more! I loved loved loved Switzerland!

No comments:

Post a Comment